It is inevitable that as technology develops so traditional culture must be lost. Technology and tradition are incompatible – you cannot have both together.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? And give your own reasons.
- Having less social contact
- Lack of warmth and affection e.g. SMS, email
- The growth of mass media
- Transferring various cultures and customs on a global scale e.g. fashion, clothing, eating habits
- Technology and traditions are compatible
- In many countries people live side by side e.g. Japan
- Through history technology incorporated into traditional cultures e.g. tractors
- Technology can preserve traditional cultures e.g. ancient manuscripts