More and more students are choosing to study at colleges and universities in a foreign country.
Do the benefits of studying abroad outweigh the drawbacks?
Benefits of studying abroad:
- Many students travel abroad to study at a prestigious university.
- The best universities employ lecturers who are experts in their fields.
- Qualifications gained abroad can open doors to better job opportunities.
- Living in a foreign country can broaden students’ horizons.
- Overseas students are exposed to different cultures and customs.
- They can immerse themselves in a language.
Drawbacks of studying abroad:
- Living away from home can be challenging.
- Students have problems with paperwork such as visa applications.
- The language barrier can cause difficulties.
- Students have to find accommodation and pay bills.
- Many students feel homesick and miss their families.
- Some students experience culture shock.