Childhood obesity is becoming a serious problem in many countries.
Explain the main causes and effects of this problem, and suggest some possible solutions.
- eat junk food e.g. hamburgers, chips, McDonald’s / drink sugary soft drinks
- lack of exercise / sedentary life style/physical activity contributes to the obesity problem
- these problems lead to obesity / children are overweight, unhealthy, unfit
- a higher risk of diseases e.g. diabetes, heart disease, cancer
- put a strain on hospitals / they will be a burden on hospitals in the future
- it is the parents’, schools’, governments’ responsibility to …
- give children healthy food, control what they eat, ensure that they have
- a healthy diet, limit junk food advertising
- restrict the time they spend playing computer games, encouraging them to take regular exercise