Many people prefer to watch foreign films rather than locally produced films.
Why could this be?
Should governments give more financial support to local film industries?
The first paragraph is structured as follows:
1. (Topic sentence – several reasons)
2. (First reason – budgets for action, special effects, spectacular locations)
3. (Example – Hollywood blockbusters like Avatar or James Bond films)
4. (Second reason – the most famous actors, actresses and directors)
5. (Final reason – poor quality local film-making in many countries)
There are several reasons why many people find foreign films more enjoyable than the films produced in their own countries. Firstly, the established film industries in certain countries have huge budgets for
action, special effects and to shoot scenes in spectacular locations. Hollywood blockbusters like ‘Avatar’ or the James Bond films are examples of such productions, and their global appeal is undeniable. Another reason why these big-budget films are so successful is that they often star the most famous actors and actresses, and they are made by the most accomplished producers and directors. The poor quality, low- budget film-making in many countries suffers in comparison. (106 words)